Our Emerging Mission
Salt House is a new community called to curate a Christ-centered, casual, interactive, radically inclusive and experimental approach to worship and life together; a home for those in the liminal spaces of life.
Our Growing Vision
As people who aim to follow Jesus, our goal is to grow and be changed by our relationship with God, with those we call friends, and with the world around us.
Our Core Practices
Here are seven core values and practices that have emerged in who we are and how we practice our faith and life together. As we engage with scripture, the life of Jesus, and the transformative dynamic of the Spirit of God, we’ve discovered these values and practices that are shaping our community.
- Being changed (living through transition) as central to who we are.
- Engaging in the needs of homelessness on the Eastside (especially through the New Bethlehem Day Center).
- Eating together – always having Holy Communion and having meals here twice a month after worship and challenging each other to meet at tables with others throughout our week – because good and sacred things happen when we eat togethe
- Generosity – giving where we want our hearts to go.
- Hearing God, and asking our two questions: What is God saying? What am I going to do about it?
- Practicing radical welcome - we say it every Sunday morning - and it boils down to this: Jesus welcomes and affirms all people and so do we. And we are made better as a community through diversity.
- Stories matter. Both sides of story-telling: making room and curiosity to hear one another’s stories, and also having the courage to share our own story here in community. For when stories are shared, that distance between us gets smaller, as our stories shimmer with connections. When stories are shared, we also hear God’s story in our stories.